The new Popteen Cafe x Sweets Paradise in Chiba LalaPort Mall

gyaru popteen cafe in lalaport chiba

Popteen Cafe (ポップティーンカフェ) is a partnership with the super popular dessert chain Sweets Paradise (スイーツパラダイス).  Sweets Paradise is an all you can eat system (tabehoudai) that specializes in desserts, but has sandwiches, salads and pasta as well. There’s only one and it’s all the way in Chiba LalaPort, which is about an hour and a half from Shibuya. Alice, Lucie and I went to see what the hype was about and stuff our faces with sugar.

Popteen Cafe in Chiba LalaPort Mall (site). Middle schoolers and up 1,280 yen for 70 minutes. Uniforms are designed by former Popteen model Okarie’s Ank Rouge brand.

sweets paradise in lalaport chiba

sweets paradise popteen magazine cafe in lalaport chiba

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

gyaru cafe in lalaport chiba

gyaru cafe in lalaport chiba

gyaru cafe in lalaport chiba

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

gyaru cafe in lalaport chiba

gyaru popteen cafe in lalaport chiba

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

gyaru cafe in lalaport chiba

popteenspecialmenu

Their selling point is crepes and pancakes. Pancakes are such an extreme food boom in Japan right now. New pancake places pop-up everyday! Aren’t their special pancakes quite a site? I was full but had to still get one. I especially enjoyed the milk tea, that’s special to this Sweets Paradise location and a big boom among teens.

It was tasty and I was glad to say I went, but an hour and a half away was a long way to go for cute pancakes.  :sweatbubble:

Want more? Video of the grand opening event  and blogged about on Cupcake-Gal

1. November 19, 2013 / 2:13 pm

I’ve heard about sweets paradise. It’s so perfect and so damn cheap actually*_* I HAVE to go there someday. I hope I can find it XD

2. November 19, 2013 / 2:27 pm

So cute! I want to eat there someday! X3

3. November 19, 2013 / 2:42 pm

Haha actually I think when it is from Popteen Magazin, they only should serve salad and vegetables xD

November 20, 2013 / 7:45 am

Lolol well… It wouldn’t be very teen friendly then

4. November 19, 2013 / 4:26 pm

Looks so yummy! Too bad with my wheat intollerance if I ever went there I could only admire the food! haha! I love how cute it is! ^_^ It would be worth it just to take pictures inside! hehe!

November 20, 2013 / 7:45 am

Man gluten free traveling. It must be hard >_<;;

• November 20, 2013 / 3:32 pm

It sucks! XD Luckily the first time I went to Japan I hadn’t realised I had an intollerance so I was able to eat EVERYTHING. Hahaha! (I didn’t feel great but I didn’t care because I was in Japan!! haha!) Now I want to go again and I think it’ll have to be salad and rice for the whole time… maybe I’ll lose some weight (lol!) but I’ll be staring longinly at everyone elses food and that will probably creep people out ^^;; haha!

November 20, 2013 / 7:44 am

Lolol sorry? I think that’s how menus always look

5. November 20, 2013 / 3:45 am

it’s got tabehoudai for crepes?!?!! i need to go!!!

i find usually the cakes in the tabehoudai places like sweets paradise are really BLAH so i don’t ever go cuz i don’t wanna pay 2000yen for not tasty cakes, you know? but crepes… !!!

November 20, 2013 / 7:44 am

The crepes were just alright. The quality is still sweets para yanno XD

6. November 20, 2013 / 9:57 am

Waa! *_* I must go there next time I’m in Tokyo!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention! ^__^

7. December 1, 2013 / 7:01 am

Wow~ didn’t know Popteen made a cafe? Wonder if they’ll have other branches?? ^-^

December 2, 2013 / 7:22 am

Only that branch as a collab with Sweets Para :)