To  celebrate the Christmas collaboration of Takahashi Murakami and Shu Uemura6 Princess” (http://www.shuuemura.com/xmas/) they opened up a pop-up store in Shinjuku Station aka the world’s busiest train station. I was there several times in November and got to talk to the staff and they were super friendly and allowed me to take some pictures in their store and of their super special Shu Uemura make-up UFO CATCHER!

shinjukustation-6princess-shuuemura-takashimurakamipopup

The small pocket of a pop-up store for Shu Uemura x Takahashi Murakami

6 princess shu uemura ufo catcher 6 princess shu uemura

Inside the awesome 6 Princess Shu Uemura make-up UFO Catcher! For every 1,000 yen ($10.50) you spent there you could have a try. They have make-up pouchers, full size lipsticks, eyeshadows and their famous cleansing oil. Before each try the assistant who was super friendly asked which item I’d like to win. She then opened up the UFO Catcher and positioned them for me. I won 2 lipsticks and 3 cleansing oils!  :alpaca:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Another awesome piece of the store was their special Shu Uemura Bearbricks to display their eyelashes. So cool right?

shuuemura-takahashimurakami-collaboration-popup

If you’re in Tokyo in December there’s still time! Worth it for the make-up you can win!

shuuemura-takahashimurakami-popup-christmas shuuemura-takahashimurakami-shinjukupopupstore-itemsshuuemura-takahashimurakami-shinjukupopupstore-art shuuemura-takahashimurakami-shinjukupopupstore

Their whole tiny store was decked out with Murakami pieces. It makes me sad I didn’t buy everything!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sadly I took a poor picture of this, but it’s the cute Takahashi Murakami pins all the 6 Princess Shu Uemura Shinjuku pop-up staff got to wear on their uniforms (you can see my shop staff up above in it).

I’ve got a mini review of the products I purchased coming soon (eyeliner, eye lash curler and lip/blush) but I wanted to make sure travelers were aware of this awesome shop before it goes away.

Tags: , , , ,

Filed under:make-up

14 Responses to “6 Princess Shu Uemura x Takashi Murakami collaboration Shinjuku station Pop-up Store in Tokyo”

1. Jill says:

The visuals of this collections are amazing. The ufo catcher is such a cool idea & how nice that she positioned everything for you :D

• Mitsu says:

Agreed! I wish Murakami did more collaborations! I love the ones they’ve done before. Agreed! I think it fits the playful Japanese based concept of the design :)

2. Berri says:

Naw! I loved the 6 Heart Princess collection from Shu this year~ I think that UFO is so cool though!! XD I would love to have had a go with it even though I suck at them. :p

• Mitsu says:

I’m so crap at them too, I was so amazed I won! The Shu Uemura one was much easier than the ones now-a-days at game centers :)

3. Nagareboshi says:

I love Shu Uemura, too bad there isn’t a store where I’m at…

4. Little Hachiko says:

I was so excited! Until I saw that the store closes on 24th… when I arrive on 25th… Where will I find it then?! Murakami is always so cruel to me… first with Vuitton (an impossible buy for me then http://universal-doll.com/wp-content/plugins/smilies-themer/mitsucons/icon_cry.gif ), and now this… Any idea Mitsu?

• Mitsu says:

It’s only the pop-up store that closes every Shu Uemura should have some of it. The easiest one I know of is the one on Omotesando Hills one from the Omotesando or Harajuku station stops but there are Shu Uemuras in every department store like Takashimaya or Daimaru or such :)

• Little Hachiko says:

Thank you so much!! (*^^*)
        It’s a shame not having an opportunity at that UFO (in my last trip there my man got me like 12 pretty big Gloomy bears, among other Disney and Doraemon treats) but that make up box must be mine! Or in a more realistic realm I’ll just buy the pink palette, as my Dior palette is already dying… ♪( ´▽`)

5. Ruka says:

the pop up store looks so cute. so many nice products*-*
    I really like the idea of pop up stores. wish we had something like this too:3

6. Everything is so pretty

7. Alex says:

oh my god it literally looks like heaven ‘_’

8. Marusera says:

I would love to try this UFO Catcher, aww, such a shame I don’t live in Japan :C

9. Bianca says:

Oh gosh, it’s so cute! But I have a question to ask: Where are those two girls from on the poster? Is it fanart? If yes, do you know who made it? And the whole store is amazingly cute!