Japanese Food: Q-Pot Cafe Tokyo with Sakura Desserts

Q-Pot Cafe Tokyo near Harajuku is one of the cutest cafes to pop in a long time (http://www.q-pot.jp/shop/cafe/). Done by wildly popular sweets deco aka sweets jewelry maker Q-Pot it’s the perfect niche cafe. It’s usually packed on weekends with a wait so weekdays is the best time to visit.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These are just their regular desserts. Look how special and well done that their standards are. But you’re missing out on their seasonal (gentei) spectaculars, more on that below.  :sage:

qpot cafe tokyo outside

Q-Pot Cafe’s outside is like a small little cottage. With all the flashiness of Harajuku and the gilded brand stores that line Omotesando it’s such a refreshing simple, homespun change.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The sweets wallpaper down to the biscuit shaped tables and wall motif. Everything is expertly chosen and uniquely crafted for this one-of-a-kind cafe. You definitely feel like you’re transported somewhere else than the backstreets of Omotesando.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Like any special place in Japan there are goods to buy like take home Q-Pot Cafe biscuits and plates.

qpot cafe tokyo coffee OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The coffee sprinkled with their logo and each piece of silverware has their little Q-Pot teapot logo on it.

But of course what about my own choice? Their sakura-themed dessert.

qpotcafe-sakura-gentei-plate-harajuku

Or should I say desserts? A sakura cake tower, a sakura and white chocolate with Q-Pot logo and then a sakura macaron with edible jewelry.

qpot cafe tokyo desserts

Check out that amazing macaron! It was heavenly, too. I couldn’t handle how I was eating jewelry, such a joy.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Such a tiny piece of chocolate but a delicate little print. If you didn’t notice, it matches their wallpaper.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Inside the sakura cake tower! The Japanese-themed dessert heaven of cake, matcha cream, red bean and sakura icing. It was soooo good!!

Unlike many places in Japan cameras are 100% okay and encouraged. The staff are happy to take pictures of you or let you roam around and take pictures. For 1,000 yen for a dessert and coffee and an unforgettable experience, it’s definitely a well-priced moment. It’s also such a wonderful moment to sit when you’ve been walking around Harajuku.

If you enjoy sweets and adorable settings please visit! Q-Pot Cafe Tokyo is located near the Omotesando and Harajuku train stations at 3-10-21 Kita-Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo. I’m not done with posting about Q-Pot. 3 months ago I went to Q-Pot Cafe’s super secret room and enjoyed their special menu. I’ll share with that next month.  :cheery:

Universal-Doll facebook | Mitsu on twitter “miss_mitsu” | mewmitsu on instagram | inspired-doll tumblr – join/add/follow?  :bow:

1. January 22, 2014 / 4:46 pm

We have a Q-Pot store where I live but I had no idea they actually had a cafe where they made desserts. My friend was really upset when he went into the Q-Pot store one day (after the recent opening) expecting food based on the displays he could see from the entrance and walking out extremely perplexed, a little annoyed that he was tricked and still hungry. I’ll have to let him know that they actually do make food lol.

January 24, 2014 / 11:49 am

HAHAHA I definitely agree! I kind of don’t understand the point of sweets deco. Apparently since if you look at such “food” you can start to crave it so always looking at it on your ring or such…. bad idea. :)

2. Pixie
    January 22, 2014 / 8:31 pm

I had no idea this place existed! It looks lovely.

January 24, 2014 / 11:48 am

Definitely high on my if you’re in Tokyo recc list :)

3. January 23, 2014 / 9:13 am

Still want to go here! & even more so every time I see more pictures of the place, haha.
    Excited for the secret room post!

January 24, 2014 / 11:41 am

The Secret Room was amazing!!! So excited to blog about it :)

4. January 24, 2014 / 7:23 am

auuuuugh, so cute! TT^TT I really wanna go there now

January 24, 2014 / 11:38 am

It is super adorable isn’t it. I can’t wait to go back again :)

5. January 24, 2014 / 2:33 pm

omg everything looks so perfect*___* I hope their sweets taste as good as they look. thank you for the adress! I will definitely go there next time*-*♥ I’m in love xD

January 26, 2014 / 11:42 am

They were delicious both times. Definitely one of my favorite places in Tokyo :)

6. January 25, 2014 / 7:36 pm

oh wow, i wanna go!! i can’t imagine bringing a date there though… so much pink! XD
    definitely a girls’day spot! thanks for sharing!

January 26, 2014 / 11:41 am

hahahaa well I’ve seen some dates but majority are friend meet-ups :)

7. February 1, 2014 / 10:33 am

Everything looks so tasty, I want to go there *o*

8. Nicla
    April 23, 2015 / 4:01 pm

I’d love to go there *-* But I’m a lil upset about such high prices! Is there any cover charge? Can I just sit and order a simple latte :P ? Or you have to order something $$$ up to… ?

April 25, 2015 / 11:31 am

There’s no cover charge, but you pay for what you get. I don’t know if it’s worth buying a latte for the decor especially when another drink isn’t that much more. Even some cakes are cheap.