New Nail Art Designs from Harajuku Nail Salon Avarice

When I was back in Tokyo in November I was able to visit my beloved nail art salon “Nail Salon Avarice” (previous posts | tumblr ) in Harajuku and get some new nail designs. Their gel nail art designs are always top notch and I think Nail Salon Avarice outdid themselves on both sets.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

All eyes on me. Literally. One of my funkiest sets. It’s actually Brigitte Bardot deconstructed and psychedelic prints. I kind of like how beautiful humans look funky and weird when deconstructed.

bardot-mangaeye-nails-design

Here’s my original quick and shoddy sketch for my nail art designs I took to Avarice. Pretty awesome how they put it on nails, right?

Since I forgot to take pictures of my thumb art together here’s my thumbs doing everyday things.

nailsalonavarice-swirl-thumb

Psychedelic print thumb number one holding a delicious chikuwa in Miyajima, Hiroshima.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Eyebrow, hair and eye thumb number two holding my Etude House Princess Etoinette Crystal Lips Lipstick.

My favorite nail art designs I’ve gotten done in a long time.

James Bond Villan Nail Art Designs

So inspiration strikes us in various ways. I was dead set on getting James Bond themed nails. I had never gotten movie nails before and I have watched all of the James Bond films more than twice so I was prepared to nerd on. But I had to simplify my nails and only get two really crafted out.

jamesbond-villan-inspiration

So I chose to be inspired by this James Bond fanart by Ben Jelfs (http://benjelfs.com/). No it’s not Dr. Evil and Mr. Bigglesworth. It’s Ernst Stravo Blofeld, the original Dr. Evil and his persian. Yup nerding up a storm.

Take a good look at that artwork because it’s amazingly redone on nails.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Freakin’ amazing right? She got all the tiny details done on the persian and the great head shading on Blofeld. Those are my nails a month in, still looking good though.  :bow:

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Close-up of the Persian cat nail art design. Ahh I love the cat x cat mix. Shown with a Paul and Joe Makeup Cat blush. Doesn’t the persian look appropriately sour? I love sour looking cats.

I had to cancel the day before and I ran into time constraints and could only do a simpler design the day I left on a plane. I was freaking out worried about missing my flight while getting my nails done. It was so stressful.

You know why Avarice is awesome??

I cancelled on them, I was unable to call and cancel. I was the bad and horrible one!! But you know what they did? I got a handwritten note from Kayo apologizing that she had her day off the next day and couldn’t work on me AND the discount price I earned with my hot pepper points they used. Seriously, Avarice is the best. I keep recommending it to people and more satisfied people leave. It’s such a wonderful place!

alanna-nails

My girl Alanna also went to Avarice and got these awesome Galaxy-themed nails. Pretty cool, right?

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

These art my self done Gelish nails that I did before leaving for Japan. I get really nervous about going to a Japan Nail Salon without showing up in nice nails so I took a bit of time on these. Done with all soft-gel Gelish and parts from Shibuya Nail Store TAT (review and info on that soonish let me get my hair salon series done first). Since nautical is trending for Spring I’m going to use up my gold shell nail deco.  :bow:

Universal-Doll facebook note: I’ve been working on the facebook page lately so that you know when there’s a new post on the Doll also I’ll be starting a weekly series called “Lost Photos of the Doll” photos I have taken in Japan but never made themselves into posts. If you’d like to see more Japan and fun/cute/gyaru items please check the Universal-Doll facebook

Universal-Doll facebook | Mitsu on twitter “miss_mitsu” | personal instagram mewmitsu | inspired-doll tumblr – join/add/follow?  :bow:

January 26, 2014 / 11:41 am

Thanks! They were some of my favorites :)

1. Aj
    January 26, 2014 / 10:34 am

Are your nails damaged after the gel is removed, or are they usually OK? Gel nails look so nice, but I’m always afraid my real nails will be wrecked after taking the gel off. :(

January 26, 2014 / 11:40 am

I do a recovery every 6-9 months of no gels soft or hard for a week or two, but that’s just my preference. But my nails were pretty okay when I took off the gels. Salons always do a better job at removing gels so they keep more of your natural nail so that’s a big thing. I don’t think gels themselves wreck nails it’s how salons remove them or how you personally remove them that can be a big yuck.

2. January 26, 2014 / 2:38 pm

omg, you are crazy!! but in a good way! lol. i love the Bardot set, and think it’s pretty cool you showed up with a little drawing!! i sometimes do that too, cuz i’ll be flipping through nail mags and see things i like but not all on the same nails…

you’ve also gotten a LOT better at doing your own nails!! that last set is pretty awesome!

Moar nail posts, plz!!

January 26, 2014 / 3:42 pm

Hehehe I either show up with drawings or pictures (like the James Bond villian set).

Thanks! I think people just prefer the more simple look that they are? I tend to be painterly if not. :)

3. Lenka
    January 26, 2014 / 3:30 pm

I really love your reviews on avarice. Actually I’d love to go there and get my nails done.
    Do you know if I could speaking english and explain my wishes to them?
    My nails are usually very brittle, is it right, that avarice is doing the nail polish but no gel coat or the type?

January 26, 2014 / 3:41 pm

A friend of mine’s Japanese is not good but she goes there. But you still need to understand a little. I know of no salon in Japan that does nail polish or straight manicure to recommend. Most salons either do hard gel or acrylic or a removal with care. Nail polish is not common in Japan for anything but home care. To make all the colors shown on any of my Japanese nails it was either colored gel, colored acrylic, airbrush paint or acrylic paint.

4. February 1, 2014 / 3:25 pm

I love those nails! Especially the persian cat, it looks really nice! *o*

February 3, 2014 / 2:19 pm

Thank you! That was one of my faves too :)

5. LeyMonkey
    October 12, 2014 / 5:16 am

Hey, can you help me?
    I’m living in Tokyo for 6 weeks now and i need to fill my acrylic nails. I’ve done them in Germany, so there are tips on. In which shop around Shibuya/Ikebukoro/Harajuku can I go for just filling the nails? And how much will that cost?

I only found Gel-Nail Salons :x HELP!

October 12, 2014 / 6:14 am

Japan doesn’t do fills. Only brand new sets. Glory and Carry which I’ve blogged about (search in the search bar) both do acrylics and I would recommend both. Beauty.hotpepper.com search of their names should direct to a price list.

• LeyMonkey
        October 12, 2014 / 6:29 am

holy moly, then i need to take them off first? that will be so expensive for me..

October 12, 2014 / 8:44 am

Most places offer off for free.

• LeyMonkey
            October 12, 2014 / 7:39 pm

Oh, really? It will still take a long time, like 3-4hours i guess.. Well thanks for your help! :)))

October 14, 2014 / 5:12 pm

Yes, that’s common for all nails in Japan. Gel or acrylic. :)

6. June 10, 2017 / 12:14 am

I just like the Harajuku Nail Salon Avarice latest fashionable nail designs.

Definitely i will take my wife to here for a best quality nail art.

Can you tell the prices of these designs?