Japan Cherry Blossom in Tottori with Walk along the Fukuro River

After tromping around the Tottori Sand Dunes (Sankyuu) I headed back to the main Tottori train station, but realized I had more time to spend before last train. Since it was sakura season (Japan Cherry Blossoms) I checked via mobile wifi that the Tottori Fukuro River (Fukurogawa /袋川) sakura were in full bloom. I’m so glad I did. It was the best sakura I’d gotten to see all season! For previous sakura talks check out the “sakura” tag on Universal-Doll.

Japan Cherry Blossoms in full bloom in Tottori

astroboy water gauge

nameko saibai water guage Local children had drawn these cute rain gauges made out of PET bottles. Of course a lot are comic related like the Astroman and Nameko Saibai one.

japan cherry blossoms japan sakura japan tottori litter sign

Litter signs in Japan can get really cute looking.  :bow:

japan cherry blossom in tottori OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

So amazing right? I don’t think I edited any of these pictures other than cropping and resizing. No need to with all the lovely pinks  :loveword:

Corporate Salaryman Hanami

Business Hanami (Japan Cherry Blossom viewing) go full-out! I was happy to walk along when the lowly grunts on the corporate ladder were forced to wake up very early that day to secure a prime spot and secure all the goods. If you’ll notice there’s bottles of sake and mixers set up, along with giant trays of sushi and presents for the gifts.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

All the drinks and mixers getting set up.

Such a big feast! I can’t wait to enjoy Japan Cherry Blossom again this year. Just looking at these photos gets me excited. Have you ever seen them?

Universal-Doll facebook | Mitsu on twitter “miss_mitsu” | personal instagram mewmitsu | inspired-doll tumblr – join/add/follow?  :bow:

1. January 24, 2014 / 6:30 am

SO GORGEOUS !!!

I really want to experience cherry blossom season in the future. I’ve been to Japan in Fall and Winter but never Spring. Spring is a bad season to travel for me, where I’m at, the prices are super jacked up for flights and it’s chaos at work because it’s the end/beginning of fiscal year.

BUT I WILL ONE DAY! One day…

January 24, 2014 / 11:38 am

I was unable to see them for a long time. The cherry blossoms also coincided when I would head home for break when I was at school in Japan so it took several years for me even though I lived there. It’s also so hard to time right. I’m planning on going back this year, but to time it is impossible since it’s only about a week and a half and varies depending on temperature.

2. January 24, 2014 / 10:30 am

I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay in Tottori! A lot of people disregard it because it is so far and nothing too much is going on but there is so much there to enjoy! ^_^ I met the nicest people there during my two-time stay there!

January 24, 2014 / 11:40 am

I did I did! I think it’s a definite day trip recc especially if people are in Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe but have not done it. I was also there during the big interview season and I think there was a convention that day. It was very weird since it was a sea of obviously college-age people in awkward fitting suits and SO MUCH BLACK then so much pink and sunny times. :)

3. January 24, 2014 / 1:51 pm

aw there are already cherry blossoms? It looks so pretty*-* I wanna go to Japan sometime during the sakura time. I’ve only been there in summer when it was hot XD

January 24, 2014 / 2:20 pm

This was last year. Cherry blossoms start usually in April but they’re completely weather dependent and flighty. Stupid beautiful blossoms. I know a lot of people can only travel overseas on school holidays and that’s mostly summer, but I don’t think I could do another Japanese summer. I’m protesting about a Texas summer too though so I don’t have much ground to stand on :)

4. January 26, 2014 / 5:24 am

Beautiful! Makes me so nostalgic. ^^

January 26, 2014 / 11:41 am

Me, too! So ready for this years sakura season :)

5. January 27, 2014 / 12:16 am

I totally want to go and visit Japan during sakura season some day, it looks so beautifu! I also really love the shot with the lovely sakura carpeting the ground (your shoes and skirt are so perfect for the season, btw)~

Thanks for sharing!

6. Mimiko
    January 29, 2014 / 8:45 pm

Awesome pic as always~~~ ;)

January 31, 2014 / 10:59 am

Thanks for enjoying!

7. February 2, 2014 / 2:19 pm

Wow, the sakuras look amazing! I want to see them so much ^^

February 3, 2014 / 2:17 pm

So ready to go back this year :D

8. April 5, 2014 / 3:41 am

Hello Mitsu, I landed on your blog looking for information about Japanese nail salons. I found your article very helpful and upon browsing your site some more I’ve landed on this page. I’m happy to say that hubby and I have seen sakura in Hiroshima, Kumomoto Castle and now in Osaka. We went to the night blossom viewing at the Osaka Castle last night and everything looked spectacular. I can understand why sakura time is such a special time for all Japanese people. It’s just gorgeous.