Shibuya 109 Spring Week: Evris by Ayano Sasaki

The third and final brand to I’m going to talk about heading into Shibuya 109 for Spring is Evris produced by Ayano Sasaki. Evris is under the runway-channel group of brands that hosts Mercury Duo, Dazzlin, Jouetie, Emoda, Murua and more.

Evris is also part of the new NeoGal charge. Ayano Sasaki is former Press staff at Jouetie, another Neogal brand, and is BFFs with Neogal queen Fig & Viper producer Alisa Ueno.

evrisayanosasaki

Ayano Sasaki looking like the modern good and evil.

The knit on the right launched the entire brand. It was constantly sold out on the runway-webstore site and is now in the new Spring stores even though it was a Fall release.

I knew this brand was coming into 109 because Ayano Sasaki announced on her instagram they were looking for shop staff for Shinjuku and Shibuya. Since she was Press staff and had her own blog for Jouetie I’ve followed her and liked her Onee-Neo-Gyaru approach. Instead of Fig & Viper which I feel often borrows too much from overseas, Evris tends to balance and side with more of a Japanese street approach.

Evris details:

katakana: エヴリス
producer: Ayano Sasaki (http://ameblo.jp/ayano–sasaki/)
instagram: http://instagram.com/evris_official
stores: 2 Shibuya 109 and Shinjuku Lumine EST (where the WC and Advant Garde used to be)
concept: Street Gal

Spring 2014 looks

evris-spring2013 evris-spring2014-2

Lots of sea creatures trends and she’s taken the knee-length trend further with culottes. A big miss for me, but she still looks cute.

The styling is modern yet 1990 high brand items. The gold braided belt, large gold earrings, and clunky soles are all very 1990s. She’s got a Versace Givenchy 1990s vibe going on.

evris-official-earrings

The accessories coming soon are so successful in current trends x vintage looks. The look like high brand costume jewelry from the 90s yet a mix of sea creature trend and holographic.

evris-shibuya109shinjuku

Ayano Sasaki at the Shibuya 109 and Shinjuku Lumine EST openings. If you’ll notice the tilework on the edge of each store, it says “Evris” but done in a faux classic Givenchy style. Another hat-tip to 1990s high fashion.

Evris Shop Staff

evris-shibuya109shopstaff
Shibuya 109 shop staff with Ayano Sasaki

evris-shinjukulumineest-shopstaff

evrisshinjukulumineest-shopstaff

Shinjuku Lumine EST shop staff in Spring trends: deconstructed bandana print and sea creature themes.

To me this brand is really touching on the wave of what people want right now. It’s mixing 90s trends with vintage concepts and original prints. 1980 and 1990s vintage high brand jewelry and bags are soooo popular right now. I have a whole post about how high brand gyaru mix is switching from Louis Vuitton to vintage.

While every item from her brand doesn’t scream this is only Evris, I think that brand concept is not as common in Japan anymore. It’s more of a mix and match style. I would call it halfway between SLY and Fig and Viper.

1. March 8, 2014 / 5:52 pm

I like the orange knee-length skirt (in one of the first photos). This brand looks nice – not something for me, but anyways very nice ^^

March 13, 2014 / 11:12 am

For me, too this is a pick a piece or two but not something I want my wardrobe to be. Some cute bits, but…

2. March 9, 2014 / 8:34 am

Evris is actually one of my favourite brand, there style is between gyaru and a little bit grungy plus a touch of street culture, things that i love. Thank you for the beautiful pictures

March 13, 2014 / 11:09 am

I feel the same way. I think Evris is good at keeping it gyaru with a twist, but I do hope they do more signature pieces :)

3. March 9, 2014 / 10:40 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of this.

March 13, 2014 / 11:09 am

Glad you like :)

4. March 10, 2014 / 9:00 am

Ohh, I actually like a lot of stuff from this shop! But I’m worried about whether it can make it beyond this season..
    Opening a shop that relies so heavily on current trends might lead to a brand identity crisis in the future…

March 13, 2014 / 11:08 am

I agree! I think that’s the balance all of these new brands are having to face. Not a lot of identity but capitalizing on the “now”. I hope they become a bit more SLY or Moussy where it’s trend but there’s still sort of a SLY Moussy girl look.

5. March 10, 2014 / 4:41 pm

loving the sea-themed pieces! Especially the sea horse crop and chunky earrings! Will they have an online store, or would I have luck on the 109 store site? :)

6. March 10, 2014 / 10:20 pm

wow! they all look so cute and beautiful!! I wish I could have each of their outfits XD <3

March 13, 2014 / 11:05 am

I really like them too :)

7. March 20, 2014 / 10:25 pm

Woohoo – I love 90s trends, especially that holographic goodness in the 1st picture. Yay shiny!

March 21, 2014 / 3:04 pm

So much retro 90s in gyaru, it’s crazy!