Abeno 109 in Osaka my last 109 gyaru mall

I have finally done it after Osaka Abeno 109! As silly as a travel goal as it was in Japan, I’ve visted all the 109s across Japan! And then they open Kagoshima 109 next week, but I’ve already been to that building so I’ll strike it up to say I’ve visited.

To recap all 109 mall related posts: Shibuya 109 渋谷109 (aka the mecca of gyaru clothes) (shopping at Shibuya 109 post), Machida  109 町田109 (site / picture post), Shizuoka 109 静岡109 in Shizuoka (site / picture post picture post 2), Kohrinbo 109 香林坊109 in Kanazawa (site / picture post picture post 2) and now Abeno 109 阿倍野109 in Osaka (site).

Abeno 109 is the newest 109 gyaru mall, and it’s tucked into a suburb of Osaka. It’s  smushed inside a shopping complex between an Ito Yokado (grocery store / basic family clothing store) and a Uniqlo. It’s actually on the 3rd floor and encompasses just a floor. It’s designed mostly for young girls with lots of young brands (Neon Soda, Pink Latte, Repipi Armario, SBY) and I saw a lot of families dropping by. I’d call this 109 the gateway into gal.

If you’re in Osaka for vacay just go visit Hep 5 and Shinsaibashi OPA, if you’re closer to Abeno and have limited time, it’s worth it to pick up a magazine and some groceries from Ito Yokado :)

To get there: take the Osaka Subway Tanimachi Line and head to Abeno station. Tennouji is also on the Tanimachi Line and is a big hub in Osaka connecting to many other rail lines for your transfer needs.

abeno-109-osaka-gyaru-shibuya109-tower

The fake real set-up of Abeno 109’s homage to Shibuya 109. All 109s have a tower-of-power nod to their big sister.

abeno-109-osaka-dazzlin-tshirt

Dazzlin Spring is always so cute

abeno109-egoist-crowd-family

A family passes by Egoist.

abeno109-gyaru-lagunamoon abeno109-neon-soda abeno109-oneway-summer-gyaru-accessory-style abeno109-pinklatte-tween-gyaru-store

Pink Latte is a huge teens shop, Charlotte did a wonderful write-up about the brand here.

abeno109-repipi-armario

Repipi Armario is still going strong as a youth brand since its introduction in Shibuya 109 in 2011.

abeno109-sby-store

SBY since its creation for Shibuya 109 in 2008 is going strong as an accessories and make-up seller in tons of gyaru malls across Japan.

abeno109-spinns-osakaabeno109-egoist-gyaru

Need more photos inside Japanese malls? Check out the gyaru malls category

Sorry guys I was feeling very unfashionable lately and in a non-blog mood. Bad side effects from medicine were making me feel like the Hunchback of Notre Gal rather than a human. I’ve got a Fall nail trend post and then a trend post to do then back to Larme, if I keep to my schedule. Charlotte always being fabulous did a great Oneegyaru trend picks for Fall.

1. September 18, 2014 / 3:23 pm

I don’t know if this has been asked/answered before but how do you take photos in Japanese malls like 109? I heard there is lots of ‘No photographs’ signs; do you tell them you have a blog and that you are giving their brand exposure or do you do it secretly? I’ve seen lots of girls take photos sneakily in the stores and I’ll be going to Japan in the New Year but I feel awkward taking photos sneakily (I’d hate to get told off!) and they might be bad quality from rushing? Yours are always so high quality so I didn’t think you’d take them secretly! Congrats on visiting all the 109s! I’ll start with Shibuya 109 I think haha XD

September 18, 2014 / 7:55 pm

It gets asked a lot. Actually :) Shop staff I always ask and give them my blog card and tell them they’ll be on the blog. Malls I don’t but I try to avoid people when I can and make sure I’m not bothering customers or staff. I mostly use my point and shoot or my iPhone both set on silent. My chunky regular camera only comes out for shop staff or occasionally when I ask a shop staff to focus on their store. The key to taking any good picture is to take a lot of the same thing so you can choose later, ive learned that the hard way. So my blurry or otherwise shots usually don’t end up on the blog.

• September 21, 2014 / 4:35 pm

Thank you so much for letting me know! And sorry it’s been asked before ^^;

2. Laura
    September 19, 2014 / 9:16 am

Machida is still not in Yokohama! It’s Tokyo, not Kanagawa, and about as far from Shinjuku as from Yokohama. If you’d like to be specific, you can say Machida is in.. Machida. It’s quite large area. :lovecat:

September 19, 2014 / 11:11 am

Sorry I wrote this a while ago before the previous and forgot to fix. But thanks for letting me know again. ^^;;;;;;;

3. November 16, 2014 / 6:39 am

This post is great! I’m fairly familiar with Tokyo, but in Osaka, I’m totally lost. Thanks for this post, the next time I’m in Japan, I’ll be sure to check out this :109:

December 2, 2014 / 6:51 pm

Oh great! I’ll be working on a lot more Osaka posts. I end up always visiting there each time I go to Japan :)

4. Brie
    March 21, 2015 / 5:23 pm

You are sooo lucky that you live in Japan. I haven’t been able to go due to an ear tumor however, I used to go often and there is no better place! I love owls and cannot wait to get back there to see this cafe. I have been hearing and reading about this cafe since it’s opening. Great photos! Thank you for posting!