Christmas in Japan Photos

I’ve been meaning to show these Christmas in Japan photos each year and I never do it. But this year I was able to edit them on the car trip up to family and share. Photos from last year and this year of the cute and beautiful Christmas in Japan. Including Arpakasso Alapacas in Santa hats and gorgeous trees.

Merry Christmas peeps!
christmas-tree-takashimaya-nagoya

My favorite tree of the season. Malls and such often do showy trees but Takashimaya in Nagoya on their food level. (which houses the Misonikomi Udon)

christmas-nagoya-takashimaya-steampunk christmas-takashimaya-fantasyland

The tree wasn’t the only lovely part of Nagoya Takashimaya. In their entry level they had a steampunk fantasyland set up. People were surrounding it taking photos so it definitely was a favorite in Nagoya.

christmas-kyoto-opa-pink-tree

All OPA malls have pink trees. This one was in Kyoto OPA.

christmas-osaka-umeda-opa

This pink tree was in Osaka’s new mall Umeda OPA. Along with a creepy yet interesting dentist promising smaller faces.

christmas-olaf-frozen-wreath

It took a lot to resist this Olaf wreath. You silly Olaf.

christmas-minnie-stocking

Inside actual Disney it was cookie themed Christmas items last year.

christmas-disney-mickey-snowman

Super cute Mickey and Minnie snowman.

christmas-rilakkuma-led-trees-donki

Donki has your one stop shopping needs. Including trees and rilakkuma stockings.

christmas-donki-santa-costume christmas-donki-reindeer

I never understand who chooses to be the reindeer.

christmas-snowman-usj-food

Cute looking specialty cake at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka.

christmas-kyoto-chirimen-dolls

The Kyoto Chirimen craft makers is my favorite traditional store. Their traditional weaving has expanded to dolls and the Christmas ones are adorable.

christmas-lumine-frozen-anna-poster

It was a Frozen christmas this year at popular mall Shinjuku Lumine

christmas-illumination-tokyo

An “illumination” in the middle of salaryman Tokyo.

christmas-arpakasso-alpaca christmas-alpaca-arpakasso-santa christmas-arpakasso-alpaca-closeupchristmas-alpaca-arpakasso-reindeer

And so many Arpakasso Alpaca santa shots from last year.

No Christmas Alpaca that I saw this year. But they were cute why they lasted!

I hope you’re enjoying your day and spend it the best way you can!

follow the Doll on bloglovin | Universal-Doll facebook | Mitsu on twitter “miss_mitsu” | mewmitsu on instagram | inspired-doll tumblr – join/add/follow? :bow:

1. December 25, 2014 / 8:50 am

everything is such eye candies <3 especially the illumination,so enchanting! wish i could celebrate Christmas at japan someday *-*

2. December 25, 2014 / 6:27 pm

ALL THE PRETTY ALPACAS!!!♡
    Sadly though, I feel that Christmas in Japan is just cute and pretty, and lacks the festive feeling that it has here in Iceland><

3. December 26, 2014 / 5:50 am

wow ! such beautiful pictures *-*
    I love these costums <3
    And those alpacas! Really really cute!
    Japan is totaly crazy about Frozen, I do not even wonder why there are a lot of Frozen stuff while christmas haha!
    Great pictures :)

xoxo
    Nowaki

4. A
    December 27, 2014 / 3:50 am

Lovely pics Mitsu. Love your blog.

By the way, I’d be meaning to ask you: I know the “downfall” of the Gyaru trend has been covered exhaustively by the media and the blog (and I know they changed the tune with the neogyaru trend and some vehicles are claiming the gyaru will be on the uprise again in 2015 etc) but I’d like to know your view specifically about Shibuya109. Do you think 109 is on a downfall? I mean, some of the most popular brands among 20-something are not in the mall (especifically the Mash-Lab group ones such as Snidel, FrayID, etc); some important brands have left the building (Ungrid, LagunaMoon) and 109 coverage in the magazines such as ViVi and Popteen is nowhere near what it was before. What’s your take on the whole thing? I have very shallow knowledge of this whole thing but my overall impression is that 109 is catering to younger girls now but idk…. what do you think?

December 29, 2014 / 10:34 am

I think Shibuya 109 is changing. It’s becoming so much more of a tourist destination. I mean tourists who are in their 30s-50s wondering around to look. Like Harajuku Takeshita and such. I think that will maybe make stores put in like Adidas pop-up and other pop-ups that may attract tourists.

20 something brands were never going to be in what Shibuya 109 became in the mid90s and onward. It was considered a teen mall. Snidel and Fray-ID always have had places in Shibuya Marui Jam for the Otona Kawaii set. Laguna Moon’s director is now 36 and I think she’s really wanted a rebranding of the clothing and with a new logo put in place this Spring they’ve been trying to get more into the Otona market. Ungrid and Laguna may have left but I wonder if it was a strategic plan by Mark Styler to put other Mark Styler brands into the space they were paying for. Especially more youthful brands like Evris and the like.

I think the gyaru have left Shibuya and with Oneegyaru thriving they’ve always felt more comfortable in Shinjuku where some of them may work. Rady has an insanely expensive and flashy revamped store in Lumine EST. Shinjuku Lumine EST has been working really had with promotions each season and expansions to help this happen.

I don’t know if now is the right time to talk about Shibuya 109. I’m waiting to see how the Shibuya 109 stage victory goes and how they’re trying to revive it as a center of youth fashion.

5. December 28, 2014 / 1:01 pm

yaaaaay *___* Arpacasso world!
    I love the christmas clothes *o* so cute!

6. December 28, 2014 / 7:33 pm

Merry belated Christmas! I love your pretty pics as always!!
    And I agree with A’s comment, I would like to know your thoughts and findings on Shibuya109…

anyway, always looking forward to your next blog!!

himexnoir.blogspot.jp

7. December 29, 2014 / 7:42 am

Christmas in Japan always looks so spectacular!!!

8. keishirou
    January 2, 2015 / 5:51 am

where buy Alpacasso in japan? Need buy it. But not found store

January 3, 2015 / 4:09 pm

Only gamesen have them and rarely any lately. Overseas shops actually have more of them now. You may want to check online as your best bet.