Datura won Oneegyaru Winter plus Shop Staff Snap

Datura (ダチュラ) is a latin name for a species of angel’s trumpet or in our case Datura is a species of fabulous Oneegyaru brand. Produced/Directed by Riena Komatsu (小松玲奈) (twitter | ameblo). They have 8 shops in Japan including one in Shibuya 109.

Currently the Datura look is situated around “ゆるエロ” Yuru Ero or loose sexy.

Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 11.34.41 AM

Reina Komatsu herself is showing it in a set of sexy selfies.

Traditionally in Japan the neck and shoulders are th0ught of as very sexy (the unpainted neck of a geisha). Datura is running with this offering clothes that just want to fall off the shoulders. Or offer beautiful back details.

Datura’s Riena Komatsu showing off the Winter Looks

datura-riena-snap datura-riena-snap2 datura-riena-snap3 datura-riena-snap4 datura-riena-snap5 datura-riena-snap6 datura-riena-snap7 datura-riena-snap8 datura-riena-snap9 datura-riena-snap10

More shots to view on their webstore here.

It’s shockingly a comfortable look. Big chubby knits that you can snuggle into. Silky tops that feel cool against your skin. All skirts and shorts with elastic. Except for the heels there’s not a lot of discomfort in Datura. There’s also a lot of emphasis on back details which I love. I know in the selfie couture of life back details mean nothing, but in our daily runway life back details always look awesome!

Datura’s Easy Mix System

The brand has a very mix-and-match styling option. It’s easy to throw a chubby knit over a tight onepiece. Or mix that silky blouse with a layered skirt.

datura-for-winter-capsule

I picked a few items from Datura to show just how easy 6 items will make you a ton of outfits.

Some examples: Knit + dress. Knit + blouse + skirt. Dress + Skirt + Coat. You could make a week’s work of outfits from 6 items.

Bonus four of those items could work into Spring: dress, skirt, blouse, shorts.

Check out the shop staff below to see some of these items in action.

I actually bought that sweater and the blouse. I really want those pearl detail shorts now. :smiley:

Datura x Larme & AneAgeha

Little did I think the two magazines would fit a brand together, but Datura is advertising in both. Particularly AneAgeha and Sakurina. However they are trying to get into the Larme look.

datura-larme-risa

I was shocked at the Nagoya Passe location to see Larme’s Risa.

But inside the current issue of Larme 13 there is only a one page spread that is more of an ad for the Datura coat she is wearing. Of course if Datura spends more money inside Larme magazine, we’ll see more coordinates. That’s how magazines work.

datura-larme

But of course the renewed Ane Ageha is where DaTura and sister brand Delyle Noir’s key audience is.

A multiple page spread all about the brand.

datura-aneageha

Because I love Datura.

Their “Darling” Knits are God.

Gotta agree. They’re so comfortable. I wore mine one day in Japan and thought about going to a Datura store that and seeing what other one I wanted because it was so comfortable and the loose style kept cold air flowing when needed to cool off.

datura-aneageha2

Their prints are spot on!

datura-aneageha3

There’s no wrong way to wear their coats.

datura-aneageha-5

Their watches are easy to style.

aneageha-datura

And Datura showed up in their hair section.

Datura Nagoya Passe Shop Staff Snap

I finally went into Datura in Nagoya Passe (previous posts). I had passed by it in the new Osaka Umeda OPA and saw this super cute sweater on the mannequin which piqued my interest.

My salesperson was super nice and also funny. She almost said no to having her photograph taken because she said she didn’t spend much time on herself that day. Personally I think it’s great to see because you can see how casual and young Datura can look contrasted with Riena Komatsu’s polished adult style.

datura-shopstaff-snap-style datura-shopstaff-style-back datura-shopstaffsnap-back-closeup

I actually bought the sweater she’s wearing. You can see it above in the capsule collection as well as the pearl shorts she’s in. The loose bow in the back is super cute casual or can be puffed up.

On the first picture if you look for it you can see a cute gold charm on the sweater. It says the brand and it’s removable for washing. I thought it was such a cute touch. I’m really ready for Texas to get cold again so I can wear it more!

As I’ve said before a lot of gyaru types are suffering, but Oneegyaru seems to be holding strong. The brand’s price point is about 1,000 yen cheaper per item than Rienda but the quality is still quite good. They’ve already sold out of many items but I really checking out the brand if you’re into Onee. Several shop staff blog about their new arrivals. You can check out all the Blanc Closet brand bloggers here.

I’m really excited to see what they’ll do this Spring. Expect more posts on this brand if it was anything like Winter!

Looking for more shop staff snaps? Stay tuned and view over 100 previous shop staff

follow the Doll on bloglovin | Universal-Doll facebook | Mitsu on twitter “miss_mitsu” | mewmitsu on instagram | inspired-doll tumblr – join/add/follow?

December 21, 2014 / 1:08 pm

Definitely! Very put together :)

1. December 14, 2014 / 8:05 pm

I noticed Datura showing up in Larme too and thought it was an interesting angle. That black jumper is everything and I need to own it. Can never own too many loose fitting jumpers tbh.

December 21, 2014 / 1:08 pm

Ellie are you bloggin’ OMG!! So happy! And you’d rock that jumper :)

2. December 15, 2014 / 2:29 am

Wow you kind of turned me around on this one :o
    I was always somewhat underwhelmed by Datura, I liked some of their items very much and like you said they promote well in Ane Ageha, but I missed cohesion in the collection, their online content isn’t very transparent and the boutique didn’t have such an attractive vibe to me.
    But now!! You explained it so well! So the cohesion is in the silhouette rather than colors and prints :o seeing the brand producer’s coords lined up, it kind of makes sense! And thanx so much for sharing the ane Ageha Datura spread :) That’s just so cute and inspirational! I love how they can do fluffy knits and still look all dressed up :3
    Thank you for this post :D it’s really helpfull!

December 21, 2014 / 1:07 pm

Oh I’m so happy you said this! I kind of felt the same way too but then I really saw it with the shop staff and such and the producer definitely did her job and sold me :)

3. December 15, 2014 / 5:00 am

This style is so cute and looks so comfy! I love the knitwear and the shorts are really nice too!

December 21, 2014 / 1:06 pm

I really am trying hard not to buy the shorts but I agree :)

4. Janice zhang
    December 15, 2014 / 5:34 am

Hi dear,
    May i know if there is any datura boutique in Osaka?
    Janice

December 15, 2014 / 9:12 am

Now it’s in Umeda Est. Umeda est is at the Umeda st near Hep 5. I think there’s no longer one in Shinsaibashi OPa.

5. December 15, 2014 / 5:58 am

I seriously need that fully collar knit in my life!! :heartguy: Couldn’t find it on their online shop, or maybe I was just blind but dang, I love this brand :loveword: Would definitely love to read more Onee posts in the future! (Rienda/Rady/Duras)

• December 15, 2014 / 6:05 am

oh nvm I found it… and died a little inside for seeing the price ;-(

December 21, 2014 / 1:06 pm

It’s on sale now! Not much sale though :(

6. December 15, 2014 / 6:01 am

Wow!! Super love this brand! Those knits and coats all look so pretty and comfortable!

December 21, 2014 / 1:06 pm

I love their knits so much :)

7. December 16, 2014 / 2:54 am

I really love the look Datura is selling for winter – it’s so comfy yet sexy looking and really nice for night!

December 21, 2014 / 1:06 pm

I feel the same way! And I think some of it is good for daytime too. A very changeable look :)

8. Kei
    December 22, 2014 / 7:01 pm

I love love datura! The rose prints is gorgeous But their price tag really burns!! D’X I have to say while i love this winter knit style i think i much prefer the last winter knit which had bow on the shoulder but thats my preference. But im going to keep my eyes opened for next season collection and hope i got more muns!