Evris shop staff snap Marin Matsuzaki and Ena Matsumoto

Evris shop staff are exceedingly nice. The Shibuya 109 group of ladies are stellar all around, but in particular Marin Matsuzaki (松崎茉鈴). I do gush often how shop staff are nice and good at their jobs, but Marin takes the cake. Marin is both stylish and kind. I met her first when I was shopping with Alanna and she was so friendly. The next time was 6 months later and she still remembered both me and asked after Alanna. She also asked after my man and my cats, since we spoke about both… 6 months ago!

Marin has excellent personal style and she’s doing well in Evris for it, working as a blogger for the brand. She’s recently gotten snapped in both #N and Jelly and I’m really happy she’s flourishing in print, too! For those looking for short hair inspiration she’s definitely got it.

Her blog: http://ameblo.jp/marin-matsuzaki/

Her instagram: http://instagram.com/marinmatsuzaki

Spring 2014 Marin’s looks

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Such a babe! I love her blue contacts with her blue necklace and the subtle nose shading. Did you notice her ring. I don’t know how anyone else gets to see the jewels, but it’s cool!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I don’t know if I’d consider matching a bold necklace with a top that’s impact is around the neck, but it really works.

Her wonderful spring hot pink lip keeps her from looking too simple. If I remember right it’s YSL. The whole staff was required to wear it as it was Evris’s color for the Spring.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Always showing off her brand. She looks both adult and casual at the same time. Love the skirt and top combination.

In my previous Evris snap post I took a picture of a different shop staff in the same shirt and shoes.  But the style is different, always cool to check two girls making clothing their own.

Marin and Staff from Fall 2014

evris-fall-style

There was a Rockabilly theme for Fall and Winter and the leopard and tortoiseshell print shoes are great pairings for plaids and furs. Both girls look cute stylish and casual.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Close-ups. It looks like Marin changed her contacts for the season, as did the other shop staff. Possibly to Evris producer Ayano Sasaki’s new produced lens Cidina.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Flipped out short hair and bobby pins were the big hair trends of Fall and Marin is rocking both. Creative and interesting bobby pins will be popular for Spring 2015 as well! Her cateye line is so stellar!

Marin for Spring 2015

evris-spring-style-marin

And from Marin’s instagram her style for this Spring. One year of Marin  :loveword: Her key for this Spring is orange.  I really like the orange, yellow, blue popularity of Spring 2015.

Bonus Jelly snaps!

evris-marin-jelly-snap

Bonus! Her shot from Jelly January issue talking about denim wearing all Evris. She’s also in the #N Neogal magazine photos last post.

evris-ayano-sasaki-jelly-snap

And Evris producer Ayano Sasaki in the coat Marin was wearing in her Fall snap.

Ahh this was a fun post. I’m an obsessive person and my obsessions have obsessions within them. So my obsession with Japanese fashion has gyaru within it and another is personal style. Another obsession within an obsession for me is style change, or evolution. How a singular girl goes through gyaru and changes. I really love the ones over time through many years. However this short year also shows how one girl, Marin, tried out a lot of style choices for herself  :smiley:

Emoda’s Ena Matsumoto retiring

Other news of note I posted on my twitter is that Emoda creator and producer Ena Matsumoto has decided to retire from Emoda.  She’s thus far not spoken of future plans. She acknowledges how much Emoda has changed since it’s inception (Summer 2010 post on Emoda coming to Shibuya 109). She said she’s also grown a lot during that time. She wondered if maybe she should create an older sister brand to focus on or even a completely new brand, but in the end she decided she just wanted to retire first.

ena-matsumoto-change

ena-matsumoto-clothing-change

Speaking of style change. WOW! Ena Matsumoto 2010 and 2015.

follow the Doll on bloglovin | Universal-Doll facebook | Mitsu on twitter “miss_mitsu” | mewmitsu on instagram | inspired-doll tumblr – join/add/follow? :bow:

1. February 11, 2015 / 9:48 pm

I really miss Ena’s old style. I do enjoy her updated toned down style but I mean… LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCES IN THOSE PICS!!! Just, yeah. Sad about her leaving but…

And I love Marin! I’ve been following her insta for quite some time now, and she does some makeup tutorials on youtube too from a makeup channel :D

February 11, 2015 / 10:42 pm

Omg YouTube links pls! I never go on yt but need to look up her posts. Mind is blown on Ena right now. I remember early on people not thinking its gyaru. Like. I can’t believe we’ve come so far!!

2. February 12, 2015 / 5:38 am

She is so gorgeous and one of the nicest shop staff I ever met in the 109 even if my style is not Evris-like :P I noticed in my recent travel a lot of shop staff totally ignored me ’cause my style was too different from their brand, but she was so adorable with me anyway!

February 12, 2015 / 10:43 am

That is so great to hear! I wish her the best! I agree sometimes I will step into a store wearing a different style and get ignored and it’s like…. ughhhh I didn’t just stumble in…. :)

3. February 12, 2015 / 2:03 pm

Marin looks gorgeous no matter what outfit or style she is wearing! I wish I could be that versatile.

February 22, 2015 / 5:08 pm

I feel the same way about her and myself! Oh to be so stylish! :)

4. February 13, 2015 / 2:38 am

..I want the sailor top jacket.. Really badly. Lol

I wonder what’ll happen to EMODA tho!? Will it go the route of W♥C and just slowly disappear?? That’d be a little sad, though to be honest, OPA has become a bit boring as of late. ;n; You used to give me so much joy too… ::sniffle::

February 22, 2015 / 5:08 pm

It’s really cute!

I wonder. But WC had such problems and really pissed of Chinatsu. I don’t think the same for Emoda. Ena even said she still loves it. So maybe. OPA has gotten so empty! Can’t believe the UMEDA switch!

5. February 14, 2015 / 12:52 pm

Wow I didn’t realise just how much Ena’s style had changed, seeing it side-by-side is so interesting!

I am in love with that Sailor jacket, it’s perfect!!

February 22, 2015 / 5:06 pm

She really changed so much! I can’t believe it either. We’ve all changed so much LOL

6. March 12, 2015 / 1:10 pm

Marin is sososo prettyyy ♡_♡ I’m loving her spring style !
    And omg, I read about Ena’s retirement… This makes me feel so old and sad, haha ;~;

March 12, 2015 / 10:04 pm

LOL I know seriously Ena’s made me feel like I have both been around for too long and yet not long enough for this XD

Marin is great!! She’s got super short hair right now that I wish I could pull off :)

7. December 5, 2015 / 3:34 pm

I love Marin! I recently saw her videos on Kawaii Pateen’s(?) channel, and she is such an amazing person!