Les Merveilleuses Laduree Makeup – Brand Introduction In-store shots

I’ve been using Les Merveilleuses Laduree make-up line for three years and in those years I keep meaning to do blog post after blog post about them, but I haven’t. But finally here we go! First all about the brand along with in-store photos, then I’ll break down their make-up line the good and the bad which will be a multipost.

Get to know Les Merveilleuses Laduree

What is Les Merveilleuses Laduree?

website: http://www.lm-laduree.com/

Laduree is a French luxury sweets maker that has been around since 1862. Yup 1862! It’s one of the most famous sweets brands in the world and I’ve been lucky enough to sample their wares in Versailles. They’re very popular in Japan with several shops.

Les Merveilleuses by Laduree launched in 2012. Les Merveilleuses meaning marvelous in French are according to the Laduree website post-revolution “goddesses of liberty”.

Les-Merveilleuses-by-Laduree-brandstory2
Les-Merveilleuses-by-Laduree-brandstory

You can read the full story on their English website here

It seems like an odd combination for a luxury sweets maker to do a make-up line. However, Make-up is one of the most profitable money making schemes by luxury houses. Its speculated that Chanel makes 80-90% of its revenue in makeup, skincare and fragrance! (Chanel is a private holding so they don’t have to release profit breakdowns) So if you’d like to make some paper, make-up is where it’s at!

Les Merveilleuses by Laduree is Asia only for now

Although Laduree is a French brand, Les Merveilleuses Laduree is a mostly Japanese brand. It was launched in Japan first and has expanded into other parts of Asia (Taiwan and Hong Kong). It is around Sephora Paris locations but only a few products unlike their stand alone stores, I’m not sure how much it is anymore.

They also have a soap and lotion small line that began around 2013. In 2014 they expanded into skincare with a small line based on the pearl whitening.

Les Merveilleuses has no e-commerce site and they do not sell to third parties. So the in-store experience is the only way to buy. imomoko.com sells the brand at a price-hike here Les Merveilleuses Laduree.

Behind the Brand

Laduree teamed up with the make-up manufacturers Albion the same people behind Paul and Joe Beaute, Anna Sui and Jill Stuart Beauty to create their line.

In Japanese it’s レ・メルヴェイユーズ ラデュレ
Yes Les Merveillesus by Laduree is expensive. It’s aimed at being a boutique luxury brand.

Brand vs. Les Merveilleuses Laduree Price comparison

I’ve decided to use Japanese yen and the Japanese prices on the cosmetics to directly compare. I chose to other brands of MAC and Chanel to show you the price difference on various items. MAC and other overseas brands are more expensive in Japan FYI.

Powder cheek blush

LM Laduree – 4,500 yen for compact and blush refill
MAC – 4,300 yen
Chanel – 5,500 yen

Lip Stick

LM Laduree – 2,500 yen
MAC – 3,132 yen
Chanel – 4,000 yen

Face Powder

LM Laduree – 4,500 yen for compact and powder refill
MAC – 4,100 yen
Chanel – 5,800 yen

The stores

Ahh it’s like being in Versailles but more homey. Lovely little jewel boxes of stores with comfy padded benches that you sit on waiting for your order to be rung up. Lots of light and mirrors. Just scroll down below to see how beautiful everything is, don’t just take my word for it.

The service

The service is definitely top level. I feel like Les Merviellueses are very conscientious about offering this experience. Their store is Versailles, you are a Princess because you’re there. After six months the staff remembers my name. Admittedly I’m a foreigner and I buy often there when I’m there, but still I appreciate the quality of service. The staff are all friendly and suggestive without being pushy. They also hold special in-store events for its clients to sample new releases or reserve seasonal items. I would say it’s very similar to a brand store in that respect.

Once you’re in their system they track your purchases which is terribly helpful when you want a blush refill and can’t remember the numbers. They’ll just look it up for you! You won’t expect to chat up about their personal lives like gyaru shop staff, but the staff are very lovely.

laduree-makeup-lm-harajuku-purchase-shopping-bag

Here is how my first purchase from Les Merveilleuses by Laduree looked. The lace bag held primer and foundation samples.

The more often you buy the more samples they’ll give you. My experience inside luxury stores and in luxury make-up counters is very similar to Les Merveilleuses.

Les Merveilleuses by Laduree makeup in store shots

I wish I could’ve taken higher quality shots of the inside, but photos aren’t usually allowed. I was allowed to take a few iPhone photos to showcase Frances. Because Frances is life, follow her on instagram at franceslovesyou!

All of the photos were taken at their La Foret Harajuku store which I mentioned in my Tokyo make-up and skincare post.

Les Merveilleuses by Laduree makeupladuree-makeup-lm-harajuku-store-frances

laduree-makeup-frances-les-merveilleuses laduree-makeup-harajuku-les-merveillueses-rose laduree-makeup-lm-harajuku-christmas-cards laduree-makeup-lm-harajuku-store-blush Les Merveilleuses by Laduree makeup laduree-makeup-lm-harajukuladuree-makeup-lm-les-harajuku laduree-makeup-lm-inside

Although I did not watermark these photos, please credit and link back to Universal-Doll if you share on tumblr, pinterest etc…

Next up about Les Merveilleuses Laduree is make-up reviews and recommendations on where to spend and not in their product line.

I like to blog and review about kawaii make-up from Japan and Korea. Check all the posts here.

follow the Doll on bloglovin | Universal-Doll facebook | Mitsu on twitter “miss_mitsu” | metoomitsu on instagram | metoomitsu on snapchat | metoomitsu tumblr – join/add/follow? :bow:

1. Sam
    January 29, 2016 / 4:04 pm

omg, I really like this post because I always wanted to know about the laduree makeup brand, These are the same brand who makes the golden paris bag charm with the macaroons. Also I can’t believe that MAC products are like double the price there…..

January 31, 2016 / 8:40 am

MAC mark-up is crazy! So many Japan mark-ups are crazy I do not understand why. Import tariffs are usually big on things like leather and such not particularly on mark-up.

2. January 29, 2016 / 6:56 pm

Rubbing my grubby hands in anticipation of my next trip to Tokyo so I can give this shop a bunch of my money :D

January 31, 2016 / 8:39 am

Admittedly I bought one of the blush colors because it was featured in a Larme magazine and ended up really liking the color :)

3. January 30, 2016 / 9:46 am

I meant to buy the rose petal blush when I was in Tokyo, to fill my Etude House Etoinette blusher pot but I forgot/was too busy before I left! The Laforet store was just gorgeous but I couldn’t see the price for just the petal blush on its own and no staff acknowledged me so I just left, intending to come back when they weren’t in consultations.

January 31, 2016 / 8:38 am

Ooo what a clever idea to do that! I just threw away my blusher pot because I hated the blush using it as a refill seems so smart! They can get really busy, I think a lot of people come in especially during new release times :)

4. January 30, 2016 / 1:38 pm

This looks like the kind of place I’d be too scared to go inside of in case I fell and knocked everything over hah

5. January 31, 2016 / 2:44 am

I really want to try this line (mainly the flower blush just because it’s so pretty,).
    The make up packaging is so pretty as well.

January 31, 2016 / 8:37 am

The packaging suckered me in, too. So pretty!

January 31, 2016 / 8:37 am

hehehee I can see that although I usually feel that way around places with all glass XD

6. January 31, 2016 / 9:22 am

Gosh I feel like a princess looking at these photos! It’s a shame that they’re only based in Asia (for now) – it would’ve been amazing just to walk into the shop!

7. January 31, 2016 / 12:12 pm

wowwwwwww I really want to go and see for myself!
    I heard about much more crazy prices but the way you broke it down it’s kind of ok, I could treat myself with one purchase if I find something to my liking…. Super good to know *.* lovely post!!

8. January 31, 2016 / 10:09 pm

omg so beautiful!! *swoons*

9. Ivanna
    February 19, 2016 / 10:50 pm

Is it true that there’s a surprise inside the pressed cheek colors once you’ve used it all up?

February 21, 2016 / 3:31 pm

I don’t know if surprise but it is a flower type thing. I’ll take a photo for the upcoming review just in case :)

10. Kay
    April 25, 2016 / 7:36 pm

LOVE this brand – so, so pretty! Thanks for the info!
    Also….I’m sure you are working on that recommendations/reviews post already, but I am going to Japan soon so I was wondering if maybe you could please give me a quick spoiler about which products are worth getting and which aren’t? I want to avoid dropping that much cash on makeup that isn’t actually worth the money, if possible. ^^;

11. EMILY CHU
    December 6, 2016 / 8:51 pm

I used both Jill Stuart and Laduree makeup products, I actually feel that Jill Stuart packaging is a lot more sturdy and higher quality than Laduree’s. Laduree’s packaging design is Nice, but material and craftsmanship are quite cheap for a 70 dollar empty plastic blush pot…

December 26, 2016 / 8:43 am

Interesting! I think their pluses and minuses to both brands packaging. I am a Jill Stuart cosmetic lover but feel the silver is a bit too plasticy. Both are sturdy but I do side with Laduree. Same maker though :)