I love to travel! Starting in May I crossed through 3 states in the US and then to Japan. Especially in the states I do not dress in all 109 clothing. A little American mix is always fun.
Sakurina doing it right in Glad News’ resort dress and protecting the face!
However traveling presents a lot of problems where Gal is concerned since the time it takes to make oneself fabulous and the stress of travel. However, I was on a 10:00PM flight to Guam from Japan that landed at 2:00 and I salute the two Rock-kei gals who kept their hair perfect and make-up intact along with pulling off casually waiting in a humid dead of night Guam for their shuttle to the airport. Handclap, chicas.
Gorgeous Guam. Vacay spot for many gals including me last fall
The rest of us could use a few pointers for living the jetsetting gal lifestyle.
1. Beltfree hotpants, cardigan and flipflops. Stay cool, show off your tan and breeze through airport security.
2. Amekaji is your friend and cotton loves you. Last summer I had a fun amekaji and rock vibe going and the styles really compliment being comfortable in summer. Skimp on needless accessories when traveling (less space and you might lose them). Instead work color denim into your style and find cute cotton tops with prints that do your style for you, so you can concern yourself with having fun.
3. Theme your packing. Remember I said to theme your wardrobe as tip 1 for Summer? Same goes for vacationing only to a higher level, make everything mixable with one another. Plus no matter where you’re headed pack a cute dress. You never know when you’ll head somewhere for dinner whether your sunning in Greece or being casual in Colorado.
Right: Me in Gilfy in the African Kingdom at Disneyworld this month.
4. Use hair cheats. Curling with a straightening iron. Use leave in conditioners to protect your hair while you’re ignoring it.
5. Sunnies love you. Too much travel, put them on the face. Eyes are the first things to wrinkle on your face, think about that each time you forget your sunnies. This is my accessory to pack more than one pair of. Be sure to switch it up. Having a white pair makes your tan darker and a black pair can work a great contrast.
6. Protect thy face. Donatella Versasce has many things going for her that could make her a top gal: a fierce tan, over-the-top features and a wonderful sense of style. However, she forgot to protect her face. 10-20 years from now when you might consider gal a thing of your past, wrinkles will be there. Moisturize, shade, use make-up with an SPF, and then sunscreen SPF yourself always.
7. Gal luggage. One of the great pieces to pick up when you’re in Japan is luggage as I said before. Now so many brands are offering their own carryons and it’s a great way to look classy as you travel. Mar*s and Cecil McBee have excellent ones if you’re nabbing one in Japan. However, gals also love the Louis Vuitton luggage line and Betsey Johnson’s fun prints.
Sakurina with her Ed Hardy hardcase
Cecil McBee’s luggage line. I have one from them