Make-up with A G E H A
Ageha speaks in their amazing make-up section about rising trends for 2008 with of course an emphasis on eyes. It’s all about a bronzed face, a nude lip and smoky large eyes.
– Brown is the most popular eyeshadow, they list as summery blue, girly pink, and pastel green as being the next popular eyeshadows.
– The overall eyeshape is changing to ALMOND which has less emphasis on cats-eye liner, less shadow around the corners of eyes. Instead there’s a clean look with more of an emphasis on shapely eyeliner with fake eyelashes.
– Most popular for 2008? Of course fake-eyelashes. They list Beauty Nailer’s Eyelash Value Pack as the best (http://www.muraqi.com/goods_b/bs063.php), but since it’s not found outside Japan Shu Uemura does excellent eyes (http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P193249&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5338)
I think one of the most rising trends personally is the emphasis on skin care. Ageha when interviewing hostesses showed many spent more on skin care than make-up. Japanese cosmetics shops often have 60/40 ratio of skincare to make-up.
P O P T E E N Fall Predictions
Popteen did the best in clear-cut Fall trends.
Printed leggings and tights. These are shown under long shirts and one-pieces. Plaid and Stars are especially popular, also leopard print.
The S T O R E S
Cocolulu i raided my boyfriend’s closet
Cocolulu’s President says there’s a parka sports mix, color with a native blend, and blue as a main color coordination. For make-up she says blue and color shadow is the look. Mixing colors is the fall look.
Baggy boyfriend jeans, often with cuffs rolled. They’re doing their own Nike and Addidas styled shoes as well as a gathered snow boot, all flats. Colored denim mini skirts and pop-hoodies add to their overall relaxed and bright look. Trucker hats and madras-print fedoras finish off the look.
Lip Service sexy and cool
Lip Service’s President says there’s a rough style mixed to look sexy, lace, and sexy rock items. For make-up she says gold shadow with a smoky liner is the best. It’s also showing lots of fake eyelashes. A point for fall is to have lace accents.
Short swingy dresses often with matching print scarves is their key look. An emphasis on necklaces and bracelets finish off the adult look. For their casual look they have knit long-sleeve ballooned onepieces and plaid shirts along with enlarged leopard print shirts.
D.I.A. LA hard rock
DIA’s President says it’s a hard biker look with a sexyness, skulls as accents, and show some skin. Eyemake-up is the key as seems the trend for this fall, with bronze all around and a “halfie” eye. A point for fall is to show your bra.
DIA is using some ripped skinny capris and hotpants to show their look. Tight shirts with back-showing accents are nicely mixed with loose green parkas and motorcycle white jackets. Heels and cowboy boots look well with trucket hats and golden studded and skull belts give the look some shine.
The F A L L things you’ll L O V E
1. The scarf. Plaid, leopard print or in a keffiyeh style (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keffiyeh).
2. Plaid and a Rider’s Jacket Motorcycle jackets (like the ones in Grease) mixed witrh plaid to combine a girly rock style. Plaid frilly skirts trimmed with lace, along with small accessories such as a plaid fedora, heels, or messanger bags.
3. Mens Style Argyle sweater vests, fitted vests, plaid fedoras, tailored jackets, engineer boots, neckties.
4. Moko Moko Fluffy and springy fur and sheepskin. Sheepskin lined suede boots, sweat dresses, fur edge vests and jackets, also fluffy parkas.
5. Prints Hearts, Stars, Pop (lightening bolts, all the JSG stuff), leopard, dalmation.
6. 16 more possible fall hits Moko moko backpacks, emblem jackets (like highschool, I think the men’s side of Urban Outfitters has some), knee-high boots, snowy knits, overalls (scallopette), fringe boots, neon color, big knits (loose cowl neck sweater dresses), ear mufflers, fall onepieces, knit caps with pins on them, corduroy pants, rock long-sleeve t-shirts, boots with studs on them, sequins (spangle), arm warmers (loose style)
Also, they suggest the black, pink, white combination will be strong this fall.
There’s a definite rise in watches. Cecil McBee and Swordfish has teamed with Quartz to make their own line of watches. Also the Cocolulu and JSG side focuses more on colorful watches with bright colors. Lots of crystal accents.
Mine from Cecil McBee
One of the current sweetheart necklaces on sale from Chanel
N A I L S
Rhinestones and animal print are the two big trends. Also there’s been more of a return to solid colors instead of an ombre gel multicolor set of nails.
Daiso and L..Chance (109-2) both have great rhinestones for short or long nails.
some pics from September Popteen
For those of you who like to mix GAL fashion with what’s coming from the runways or just do a more CELEB style I thought I’d mention a few trends HARPER’s BAZAAR sees coming from the main fashion world and how I think they could mix into the GAL styles for fall.
Crystals – in mainstream fashion their on bags, watches and earrings. I can definitely see GAL fashion move this to watches, necklaces and chunky crystal bracelets
Graphic – Mainly a lot of crisp lines to things. I can see the Lip Service dress fitting nicely into this. Also Chanel and Louis Vuitton have done some signature-print tights that would look great with the swingy Lip Service or Cecil McBee style pieces.
Arts and Crafts – This could work well with NUTS folklore prediction. In the mainstream its a lot of native inspired pieces with tapestry and woven works. Love Girls Market (produced by Love Boat in Harajuku and 109) could get great mix with this. This is focusing more on a brown and neutral palette with purple accents.
Color – Hot vibrant colors in deep green to an orangey red are showing up in shoes and bags. I think this will spill definitely into GAL shoes for Fall.
They also are predicting bigger jewelry, larger prints (such as paisley) and pointier shoes. All of which can be worked in to your own GAL style.