Yes I haven’t forgotten my last mode posts, just a little sidetracked/stressed
Keep the questions coming on Ask Anything #3!! While looking up things for answers I found some shocking things and some fun things, so I think the questions are quite awesome! I promise I’m working on everyone’s question and haven’t forgotten any!
I have also not forgotten about Agejo Week, the first post is ready just need pics, but I’ll get to Agejo Week after Ask Anything and the last of Mode All in good time :waves:
Also a giveaway and a pay it forward soon!♥
Mode Gyaru is littering the stores
Until now in Mode Weeks I’ve been mainly showing Emoda and Murua, but lots of other stores are showing they’re into Mode Gyaru as well. :sparkle2:
Delyle: A gorgeous bandage skirt and a bodycon dress paired with a short tee
Sly: A chic mini jacket and a gorgeous ethnic mode look going on.
Last of my Kobe pics! Thanks for all the lovely comments! I think there’s some good cheap gal shopping to be had in Kobe (in the covered mall to the right of the station) and in OPA. However as the 6th largest city it is limited in its gal activities. My friend and I even had a hard time finding a game center with purikura But don’t like that stop you from galling yourself up and enjoying Kobe!
Most people just club in Osaka since it’s close. I think the problem with Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe being so close together (an hour away from each other or less), is that it dilutes all the concentration that a city like Tokyo has.
There is definite gal in Kobe, however don’t expect a Shibuya-like atmosphere.
Kobe Gal Services
However, smaller cities often have cheaper hair/nail/tanning places, so if you’re there for a while you might want to check out a deal.
A sign for Kobe gal hair salon Tomato
GAL HAIR EXTENSIONS
For example, in hot pepper salon ACHIEVE アチーブ is running an exte special for all-you-want (つけ放題) for 8800 yen (around $90.00). It’s near impossible to find exte hodai for under 10000 yen in Tokyo.
Here’s an example from their Hot Pepper site of their work :sparkle2:
I got the June Jelly yesterday and I’m so thrilled to have it my hands. It’s their fabulous fourth anniversary issue with great clothing, nail, and model talk. I’m wowed again!
In Jelly Lip Service took out a four page spread dedicated to their golden week items!
2. Get a Novelty Travel Bag!! – 4/29 til’ as long as supplies last, if you spend over 10,000 yen (∼$100.00), you get this original travel bag as a present.
3. Super Cute Mickey Mouse Tee♥ – On sale at 5/1, Mickey Mouse Tee makes an adult casual coordinate.
4. BIG Hit Eco Bag is now in Summery Terry Cloth! – On sale at 4/29, summery adult eco shopping bag. The terry cloth is best for summer!
5. “Nude Black” Tee & Sunglass Set Introduce! – On sale at 4/29, this season’s Lip Service theme of “Nude Black” logo t-shirt and sunglass set. Simple for daily wear.
6. Off Tickets are Coming Out! – (In store) If you spend more than 5,000 yen you’ll receive a 1,000 yen off ticket. From 4/23 to 5/9.
7. OMG!! In store Gatchapon Machines! – From 4/23 to 5/9 Gatchapon machines are in store. For 400 yen you can play. Inside are hair accessories.
8. On 4/29 and 5/1 there will be a sample giveaway. – All stores nationwide will be handing out passcases with 500 yen off tickets inside them.
9. Get eyelashes and body fragrance!! – Feather eyelashes are 1500 yen, diamante eyelashes are 1200 yen. Fragrance is 1900. All on sale at 4/29
While I was in Hawaii I was able to nab the May issue of SCawaii with w*c chief Wakatsuki Chinatsu as the covergirl
It’s a fabulous issue and a few trend updates really stuck with me. SCawaii is doing a great job with their mag showing trends and great coordinates. Sometimes I pass them up for the flashier Popteen and Ageha, but SCawaii really does smart looks. :sparkle2:
Chinatsu in Chanel showcasing our Mori Jewelry trend. So hard to beat.
The title for this issue: Power Mori “Value Set” Issue (lol)
I talked about Mori （盛り） previously during the Mori Gyaru article, it is a verb meaning to raise or build up. It’s used more like a video game idea of Leveling Up. Kind of like how the chant “Age! Age!” has become some popular with gals (meaning to raise up as well). It’s so common to see in magazines recently when discussing hair, make-up, coordinates and now jewelry.